Produced following the Dogme95 Manifesto, the audio of KARMA CARTEL was live recorded. However, when negotiating the theatrical release in India, the producers has to listen to the distributors suggestion that KARMA CARTEL be modified to meet the expectation of theater going audience in India.
Even though KARMA CARTEL being a Dogme95 film is an edgy concept, it will only resonate with the niche audience, namely film-festival goers – was a strong opinion repeatedly mentioned during the meetings.
Enter Music Supervisor.
London based radio-Jocky Sharnita K Athwal of SHAANTI, was added on board the project as music supervisor. With assistance from the director Vinod Bharathan, Sharnita came up with several music suggestions. The final list of music and artists are as follows.
- Waves from inner space – Adi Sharma – Absys Records
- Piya – Rita Morar remixed by Talal Qureshi
- Rain – Rita Morar remixed by Steve ‘Fingerz’ Carty and Piyush Bhatnagar
- Eternal – Nitesh Batra featuring Tritha
- Polarity – Adi Sharma
- Soul – Nitesh Batra Featuring Tritha
- To Free Self – Adi Sharma
- Unexpected – Adi Sharma
- Scream – Juttla
- Additional Soundtracks – Michael A.J. (Longtime collaborator of Vinod Bharathan’s Projects)